Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 2012 Fun

We had a busy month, lots of craziness, celebrated birthdays, shopped, did some fun activities, and tried to spend some fun family time together. Here are some of our highlights in random non-chronocological order. They all happened in December.


We bought the babies a play nativity set. The pieces were a pill to keep up with because Brookelynn loved the "Mangels" so much that she would take them off and play with them. Either one or the other was missing half the month but this was a fun activity and I look forward to them playing with it again next year. Also the shepherds and the baby "Jejus" was a big hit. 


Brookelynn got a baby bed for her birthday from her cousins and she prefers to put herself in it instead of her babies. 

Having some dress up fun as we decorate our tree!

 
Too Fascinated for clothes.
 
DECORATING THEIR FIRST TREE.

I loved the large clump of red balls at the bottom. I never moved them. It was Haynes' spot.


 
It's a "kmiss-kmas" tree, says Brookelynn.




Somehow, we managed to get out and have a date with our friends Boo and Evan at my favorite place to eat, Surin!!! We had such a great time and Baby #3 and I had been craving it for several months. We enjoyed it most of all.
 

 
I spent some time making Peppermint Sugar cookies from Pillsbury (yes, the easy way out) with my boy and that night we delivered cookies to all our adjoining neighbors. Haynes had a great time doing that.

 
FIRST CHRISTMAS PARADE!



Too LOUD, says Haynes.




Christmas Treats that make me smile. Yankee Candle Balsam and Ceder and yummy chocolate.

 
Yes. Those are granny panties of her dear sweet mommys (and yes, they are clean). Brookelynn has discovered dress up but hasn't figured out what she's supposed to dress up in yet. Kinda wierd but it was too funny to not take a picture of.



 
My dearest friend Megan left our Birth Suites and started a new adventure in a pediatrician office. I sure will miss her and all our silly, sweet, entertaining, fun times. But I'm very happy for her and her family since this new job will allow her to be with her little ones more often.

 
I spent a lot of time with my sewing machine this month trying to get all my Christmas presents made. It's definetly a love / hate relationship with this thing, but when it was all done, I was glad I did it. Sixteen scented rice heat packs in three different varieties were made and I was quite proud of myself. It was fun to be back at the old sewing machine... when it wasn't giving me grief.
 
 
We hosted our community group Christmas Party. Although, most of our community group was unable to come due to busy schedules in December, we had a lovely time with Babs and Wade, and Brittney. This is my pinterest inspired Christmas wreath. It was yummy and easy and fun.


 
We had a picnic in the living room for family time one night, and watched Christmas movies from the 1950's on Netflix. That was fun.



The babies were even allowed to have some hot chocolate. This was Brookelynn's first taste of that. As her brother did with his first experience, she thought it was just great.




And we can't forget that Brandon had a birthday in December. This year, Haynes got to be more interactive in the choosing of Daddy's present. I took him to the store with me and made him feel like he was responsible for choosing the things I had already planned on getting him. It was so much fun for him. We got Daddy a panini pan and a pizza stone. We expect lots of delicious things to come in 2013. Haynes took great joy in giving the new presents to his daddy. Brandon really enjoyed his gifts too. 




 
We tried to clean out as much as we could before Christmas and Baby #3's arrival. Finally got around to cleaning out the baby's room which had become a catch all the mess room. 

 
My buddy helped with some much needed cleaning. He's growing up so fast and I just love him.

 
Brookelynn is enjoying being girly. She put this headband on and came to me with a big grin. She was so proud of herself  and though she was so pretty. I have enjoyed her big girl hair! It's long enough to try lots of different braids now and she does a fairly decent job of being still for me to fix it.



Ah yes. Our friends Michael and Michelle came to town for a few short days to visit for Christmas! I can't believe they've been gone two years. We got to eat lunch with them and see big sister Sarah Kate and the new baby sister Evelyn. I sure wish I could have seen a little more of them but I'll take any visit I can get. 


Brookelynn is preparing for a new baby. She brought her carseat and baby doll to ride with her in her own carseat and made sure the baby had a bottle. Big sister in the making.
 
So, that's December in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment