Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

I know it's January and everyone is sick of Christmas by now but... well, we just have been too busy for me to document any of our December activities. Actually, I haven't even posted any Thanksgiving pictures. I will eventually get around to all the blogging I wish to do but for now, Christmas Eve.


It's ALWAYS super busy for us at Christmas. I know it is for everyone but this year seemed a little more. I made most of our gifts in an attempt to save some money this year. I haven't added up a single receipt so I'm not really sure how much we saved but I tried. Our gifts? Scented rice heat packs. It was my first attempt at making them although I've wanted to for years. They turned out pretty nice I think. They for sure smelled good. Some were peppermint scented and some were lavender scented. Even with sewing maching troubles and late night sewing (because sewing during the day with material, scissors, and scented rice all over my room was not an option with the toddlers hanging around), I was able to make 16 total and I really had fun doing it. There were three different designs and shapes. I wish I could sew more often.



Christmas Eve morning was spent at home with my own little family. We slept till the babies were in our room asking for milk as they always do. Got up and had coffee and a easy and yummy out of a can cinnamon roll breakfast and headed to the living room to present our presents to each other. Now I am the worst at coming up with good gifts to give Brandon. I'll admit it. The first year we were married, I bought pillows for him for Christmas and he has never let me live it down. I know, that's not an exciting gift at all but in my defense, he really needed them, good pillows are expensive and we didn't have a penny to spare in those days. Anyways, this year I had my inlaws (Thank you Ron and Desi!) order a branding iron with the letter E for all his grilling experiements. One of his favorite hobbies is grilling and I couldn't wait to give it to him. It was a big hit. Brandon gave me some gloves I could use with my touch screen phone. I never would have though of that. Haynes enjoyed his new learning tablet and new "big boy" blankie to replace his baby blankie and Brookelynn got a new baby doll carrier (made by my friend Michelle) and some grown up jewelry. She wasn't that into the baby doll carrier on Christmas Eve morning but I'm sure when Baby#3 comes and mommy is wearing her baby every where she goes, Brookelynn will think it's fun too. It was a lovely family time. We all enjoyed being lazy and just spending a relaxed, happy morning together. 

 











After our own family time, it was time to head off to my parents house for the evening. First thing, we attempted a family picture. It was a total fail. I'm not even posting it it was so bad and the babies were not in any mood to pose for a picture. That's life. But they were absolutely adorable all dolled up in their cutest Christmas attire.




We had a light lunch with my family and the babies napped while we prepared for an early dinner. Brandon has recieved the task of preparing the meat at Christmas and we all love it. We get to focus on playing with new recipes for vegetables and desserts and fun party food. That's one of my favorite parts of Christmas. He's made prime rib the last two years and it was delicious. I'm so lucky to be married to a pro on the grill. We also had brussel sprouts, fruit salad, and sweet potatoes with apples and some fun appetizers. Before dinner we opened our presents. The babies most enjoyed their new rainboots and Thomas the Train character toys and train track additions.

New rain boots!
 







Brookelynn helps Grandmama practice for Christmas Eve service at church. 

After presents and and a good meal, we enjoyed the Christmas Eve service at my parents church and then headed back to the house for some fruit and chocolate fondue for dessert. It was a very nice Christmas Eve but we were glad to be home at the end of the day. Exhausted from all the festivities, we still had many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment