Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's an "Annika" day!

During the last few summers, I have had the joy of spending some time with a sweet girl named, Annika. She voluntarily comes to my house and plays with my babies so I can get some things done. She probably has no idea how much this really helps me but I enjoy every minute she is here. What a service and ministry to a mom! I am so thankful for her and her family.



Last time she was over, she informed me that she did not like tomatoes. Ha! Any one who's seen my facebook page recently know that I have them growing in my garden by the thousands it seems. I am always scrounging trying to find something for us to eat for lunch when she's around because I never seem to be stocked with food when she is present. Except for, in her opinion, the dreaded tomatoes... Don't get me wrong. She never complains about what I feed her even though, I am sure, sometimes she might want to. Anyways, she told me the only way she has ever liked tomatoes is when someone made a tomato pie for them one time. Hmmmm... tomato pie! I had never heard of that. So naturally, as I have an abundance of the main ingredient, I had to try it and I had to wait until Annika was here. That day was today. While she played with and read and entertained my children, I cleaned up the kitchen, did loads of laundry, picked up a little and then started on the pie. It was delish! How fun.



After I dropped Annika off at home, I put the babies down for their nap and hurried to the den for a project that I've been dying to do for a while. I'm tired of carrying a big heavy diaper bag filled with two kids junk in it around everywhere. Haynes is big enough for his own bag if he needs it. I found some cheap backpacks at the Fred's Dollar Store. 5 bucks a piece! Even if they last 6 months, it will be worth the fun of the project.


 I quickly rummaged through the fabric I had on hand, which is a lot, thanks to my friend, Maja, and found the perfect coordinating fabrics for the back pack.





 Cut out the letters and now they have their own personalized backpacks and I only spent 10 dollars! I am happy with the results!




1 comment: