Thursday, June 7, 2012

So here it is. My first blog. I admit I shuttered at the idea of blogging a few years ago but I have changed my mind. I was annoyed at the vast amount of friends that spent their days reading blogs that I didn't want to take the time to read.  Recently, I have several good friends who've started blogs and I have seen how fun it can be. They share their family pictures, their wonderful ideas, their latest crafty endeavor, their sad days, their happy days and anything else they want to talk about and I just think it's great. I can keep up with them so well that way and so I have decided...I'll just give it a try. Fair warning, this blog will not always be grammatically correct, or interesting the vast majority of people in the world but that's okay. If you're bored with it, don't read it.

Here we go!

As it seems every family blogger does, I think I'll start by introducing my little family. They will be the most frequent subjects of my blog, after all.


That's me and my wonderful husband, Brandon. We've been married for 7 years and have many more to come. We married while in college, finished college, started new jobs, bought our first house and now live happily in the very cozy little home we've been blessed with. I love this man and I thank the Lord for His work in our lives.

Three years ago, a sweet little boy was born into our family and we call him, Haynes. You can never know how intense a parent's love is for children until you have a baby. He is a joy! He is quiet and gentle and makes me smile when I am angry. He makes me laugh when I am sad. This boy is special. I love him so much. How could one not love such a sweet little face?


And then there came Brookelynn ... our little firecracker! This little girl weighed in at 4 lbs. 13 oz. and every bit of it was spunk. She always keeps us laughing and knows how to get the attention she wants. She has been the fastest learner! Having a big brother just a few steps ahead of her has made it easy. What he does, she wants to do also. By the time she was 16 months old, she had a vocabulary of about 25 words. This may  not be that abnormal but I think she's a brilliant child, if I do say so myself.


Lastly, there's the family cat. Bogey has been around about 5 or 6 years and has a sweet temperament. He has recently taken to our neighbor friends and lives at least 50% of the day with them. I believe he loves them just as much as he loves us which would normally make me very jealous but I have only had to buy cat food once every few months because of their supplemental snacks so... you know. It's not so bad.



So that's my family and that's what this blog is about and for. I think this is going to be really fun.









7 comments:

  1. Melody, I'm so excited that you've changed your mind about blogging and joined our fun little world. I love sharing stories of my life too. I always think, 'If nothing else, maybe my kids will enjoy reading days of when they were little one day'. I can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!! i LOVE that you are blogging now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Im so glad your blotting. I have one too if u ever want to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Welcome to the blogging world my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Er...BLOGGING not blotting. Good grief! lol. Btw, I love your sweet kitty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah melody! been thinking about you all week and so excited to see your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH!! I'm so excited you are blogging! It is such a fun way to keep up with eachother! :) Your little family is so cute! I'm new to it too..So, We can learn together!

    ReplyDelete