Friday, October 5, 2012

My New Bedroom!

It's not done yet, but I'm very happy with the results so far. I still have a lot of details to work on but we made a big push to get everything moved last night and we enjoyed our first night in our new bedroom. I bought a new duvet cover from my favorite, Pottery Barn and it's been sitting around the house as a color reference for months. We finally got the painting done, added a new door to close the room off from the kitchen and all the trim work that goes along with that. Yesterday, I went on a big shopping trip, dragging my poor children all over Trussville and bought the last things we needed to make our bed. We went to Tuesday Morning, Target, JC Penney, took a break for lunch, then headed to Belk and then back to Tuesday Morning. In one day, we found
  • a down comforter for my duvet
  • new 800 thread count sheets (the fanciest I've ever had) - TUESDAY MORNING PEOPLE!!
  • a pretty accent pillow that matches perfectly
...and seriously, with children, it's a wonder I had any inspiration to put the room together when I got home. But my sweet littles were pretty good (most of the time) on our shopping spree - thank heavens. While they napped in their little beds, I feverishly worked to wash all the new things, threw a pizza in the oven for a quick dinner, and excitedly waited for Brandon to get home so we could get started. We left our old room a complete disaster zone. There were dust bunnies everywhere and things scattered all over the floor. It took me all day today to get the house back to a reasonable living condition but that's okay. It was worth it. But enough rambling about the process of the room, I think it's time for some pictures. I didn't even think about taking any before pictures but these pictures will do.

This is the wall that the bed is against now. No more sofa.


This is the wall that the dressers are against now.


And here is my pretty new bedroom!

 

I fell in love with the pattern of this fabric as soon as I saw it in the catalog. I'll admit I had a few panicky moments wondering if it would look good with the walls and bed but I think it's perfect.

 
I found this pillow at Belk. It went with another comforter set but it had the perfect colors and was exactly what I wanted. I actually put it down and bought the down comforter and walked out of the store, buckled my kids in and started driving out of the parking lot. But I still had that pillow on my mind. What if I didn't find another one with the perfect colors, with exactly what I wanted? It was the last one. I gave in to temptation, drug my poor babies back into the store and bought the pillow. That is so not like me. But I did it and I'm kinda glad.
 

All our chest of drawers and such. When Brandon and I got married and combined our furniture (which of course wasn't much) we had almost exactly the same chest of drawers. His had a little darker stain and they have different drawer pulls but they are exactly the same size. So to make them look a little more uniform, I mixed the drawers up. Every other drawer is switched in the dressers. I have always been proud of myself for thinking of that. It looks pretty good.


So that's what I have so far. There aren't any pictures on the walls yet or decorative items in the room but it's coming along. Next on the list of things to buy when I have some more money saved up is a bed skirt, lamps for my bedside tables, curtains and new pillows for my bed. For now, I'm just loving what I have - a fresh new room.

Oh and here's my old room after we moved. Yikes!!! Honestly, the picture doesn't do it justice. It looked much worse than this.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! Dragging kids around town and in & out of stores is NO FUN, I'm glad everyone survived the day! I love the color! Finally, you can sit back and relax.

    ReplyDelete