Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pinterest, Painting and Me (Just Me)


I had a lovely afternoon planned for myself that involved some pinterest, paint, and me (just me). It all sounded great but it wasn't quite the quiet afternoon I had hoped for. Still, it turned out pretty nice.
You see, I plopped my kids in their little beds and practically ran out to the porch to get started. Just as I got focused and into the paints, a little boy came running from his room to the door. Not looking the least bit sleepy and begging me to let him paint too, I gave in. I sat him in the old high chair which has been demoted to the back porch for the time being, and we got started on our projects together.



I had some scraps from the deck cover leftover that I salvaged from the junk pile. They looked pretty "new" so they got a beating with a hammer. Hehe. That was fun.



 He looks focused and like he's having fun - and he is. But this focus lasted all of 15 minutes and he was done painting. So I sent him off to bed - again - and told him he'd better not get up. He slept 'til 5:30 this afternoon. Maybe the painting relaxed him...


With the porch all to myself, I got lost in my own little painting world. Why have I never done this?
I will certainly do this again.


5 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE!!! I love to paint too. It is so relaxing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MELODY! We should have a painting date one day. That would be fun. I know Virginia and I have talked about it but there is always the issue of the kids. I also get lost in art once I get going which is why I have not been very proficient once I had babies. Love you sign. So cute and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job girl! Those are beautiful! I am very impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete